FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Registration related questions
- During the first period (the first six to twelve weeks after registration opens, i.e. February to April/May, later for less popular workshops) up to 25% of the registrants cancel or are removed, for one of the following reasons:
- Registrants are unable to get funding to attend the Summer School.
- A number of participants cancel for personal reasons (changing plans).
- Not paying the fee in time despite a reminder e-mail. There are up to 10% of registrants (especially from outside Europe) who apply, but we never hear from them again, except sometimes an e-mail requesting financial aid, we cannot offer.
If you register early and are placed on a waiting list, chances are quite good for you to attend. If you are still on the waiting list after late April/early May, chances to attend are decreasing.
- As the Summer School approaches, cancellations are usually linked to much rarer, unforeseen events (personal life). (A late cancellation implies that the workshop fees are not reimbursed, fully or partially). [See Cancellation rules]
If you consider using Summer School workshops to obtain credits (ECTS), you will have to investigate at your home institution (contact the person/institute responsible for your degree) to find out whether they recognize the Summer School, how many credits can be earned from a workshop/course with roughly 35 hours of teaching, no graded work, and no exams. (We only deliver a Certificate of attendance, i.e. we certify your
Make sure to investigate this matter before registering, if this is important to you.