Information for participants
- Details on these pages (e.g. room numbers) will be updated as the Summer School approaches. Please check before leaving for Lugano.
Summer School Location
All workshops and other Summer School related activities will be held at the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI), Lugano Campus, Centrocivico, Via Giuseppe Buffi 13, CH-6900 Lugano.
Click here to find information on how to get there. There is also a fully clickable map on the Website of the City of Lugano and here is a link to google maps. The main building is number 1 (“Edificio Principale”) on the campus map (Facoltà di Scienze economiche e di Scienze della comunicazione). [Annotated aerial view of the Lugano Campus].
When you arrive at the University…
When you arrive at the University main building, you should go directly to your workshop’s teaching room; there is no formal registration. Teaching rooms will be signposted at the entrance of the main building.
Your instructor will give you a sheet with further information, as well as directions on how to use the computing facilities. There will be a welcome reception on Monday evening.
Information available early August.
Events and Schedules
- Friday, August 16, 10h00-18h: Preliminary workshops (day 1)
- Saturday, August 17, 8h30-18h: Preliminary workshops (day 2)
- August 19 – 23 (Monday through Friday): 8h30-18h00: Workshops Week 1
- Monday, August 19, 17 h 30: Opening reception (1st week)
- August 26 – 30 (Monday through Friday): 8h30-18h00: Workshops Week 2
- Monday, August 26, 17 h 30: Opening reception (2nd week)
Daily schedules are specific to each workshop; the instructor will inform you at the beginning of the workshop.
When to arrive, when to leave
As regular workshops start at 8 h 30 on Monday, you should arrive on Sunday evening; plan to leave on Saturday, unless you can reach home when leaving Lugano Friday, late afternoon. Preliminary workshops start at 10h00 on Friday.
If you need to reserve accommodation, see here for further information and advice on how to find a hotel or pension.
Traveling to Lugano
If you are traveling from a foreign country, you will find information on how to get to Lugano here. If you wish to visit the area during the weekends between the workshops or before/after the Summer School, you will find some useful links here.
- FORS (Mrs. Denise Bloch) takes care of the administration; she will be able to answer general questions about the Summer School. Send an e-mail to Denise.Bloch “at” fors.unil.ch
- For questions regarding academic aspects of the Summer School, contact: Eugen.Horber “at” unige.ch.
Summer School Evaluation
After the Summer School ends you will receive an e-mail, asking you to fill in an online evaluation questionnaire. Please help us make a better Summer School by filling it in.
If now or later you have suggestions, ideas etc for future Summer Schools, please let us know. Send your comments to the Summer School director by email or if you prefer, use this form.
Thank you very much for your collaboration.