2019 Workshop programme
Preliminary workshop: August 16-17, 2019
1st Week: August 19 – 23, 2019
- ✔ Schmidt/Davidov: Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) I
- ✔ Horber: Statistics with SPSS for Social Scientists
- ✔ Gibbert: Case Studies: Design, Methods, and Reporting*
- ✔ Mello: Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA)*
- ✔ Hills: Content Analysis and Natural Language Processing*
- ✔ Guest: Analysis of variance (ANOVA) and Experimental Design
2nd Week: August 26 – 30 , 2019
- Bell: Multilevel Analysis*
- ✔ O’Reilly: Ethnographic Methods*
- ✔ Schlüter: Multilevel Structural Equation Modeling
- ✔ Lomi: Analysis of Social Networks*
- Kernbach: Designing Your (Academic) Future*
- Important: All workshops are subject to cancellation until June 1st, if there are fewer than 8 confirmed (paid) registrations. As soon as a workshop is confirmed a tick mark ( ✔) will be shown.
- Workshop status:
- Workshop open for registration
- Workshop nearly full; please hurry, if you are interested
- full Workshop fully booked. You still can register, but you will be placed on the waiting list for that workshop
- closed Workshop overbooked: You can no longer apply (the waiting list is too long)
Workshop application status (explanation)
Workshop Application Status
The colours reflect the application status (based on the number of participants who have applied).
- The workshop application status is based on the number of persons who have applied for a workshop, i.e. conditional applications. Only the payment of the registration fee within three weeks from reception of the invoice confirms the application and makes the registration final.
- If a workshop is marked “full” it does not necessarily mean that the workshop is confirmed and the minimum number of confirmed participants has been reached; this is particularly true the first few weeks (late January, February) after registration opens. Prospective participants register quickly, but sometimes change plans, cannot find funds to attend the Summer School etc.
- The colour will change from green to red, if only a few places are left.
- Please note that the status may change back to green or not full, if registrations are cancelled by the registrant or by us (no payment received, despite a reminder e-mail).
SPSS/Statistics refresher workshop: As there are no limitations to the number of participants for this workshop, its status will stay green (a minimum number of 10 participants is however required for the workshop to be held).
Waiting list (explanation)
Limited number of participants per workshop
The number of participants per workshop is limited; when the number of registrants exceeds the maximum number, your application will be placed on a waiting list. [The current application status of a workshop is shown on the workshop programme page.]
The waiting list will never be very long, as we do not place more than 6 applicants on the waiting list for a workshop.
When that limit is reached, applications for that workshop will be closed and registering for it, even for the waiting list, will no longer be possible.
When a place becomes free…
Places become available when another participant cancels his or her
registration or if a registrant does not confirm his or her application
by paying the course fees within three weeks of receiving the invoice (shorter delays for last minute applications).
When a place becomes available you will be informed by e-mail and the place will be offered to you;
you should reply a soon as possible to inform us, if you accept it.
If you have registered for more than one workshop and one of them is still open for registration, you will receive an invoice for that workshop and you will have to pay for it within three weeks.
When you are on the waiting list for a second workshop and a place becomes available and you accept it, you will receive a separate invoice for that workshop.