We have the following job on offer:
Information on the position
Starting date: asap or negotiable
Workplace: Géopolis on the campus of the University of Lausanne
Salary: According to the University of Lausanne salary scheme.
For this position, we are seeking an experienced software engineer with demonstrated software architecture, web development and infrastructure knowledge.
More specifically, your tasks will include:
- Work on all phases of application development (conception, development, testing and bug fixing, deployment, maintenance).
- Write architecture and design documents as well as technical specifications.
- Perform peer reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Share domain and technical expertise with other developers and teams.
The ideal candidate
- Diploma or MSc in software engineering (university of applied sciences or equivalent).
- Minimum 5 years of web software development experience.
- Extensive experience in object-oriented design and development, with focus on web applications (Python preferred).
- Experience with REST framework.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in database design.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Ability to collect needs of users and to manage different phases of a software development.
- Ability to work with users and co-developers to understand and improve development practices.
- Additional experience in following fields would be an asset: Agile methodologies (SCRUM), Flask, Typescript, HTML5, REST APIs, Microservices, S3, TDD/BDD, Data archiving.
- English (written and spoken), German and French are a plus
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Proactive, autonomous, and self-motivated.
- Working in team: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information; sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching junior developers.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations.
We offer you a position in a well-established and dynamic environment.
More information on FORS Foundation under www.forscenter.ch.
- Latest tech stack – Angular, Typescript, Python, Flask, REST APIs, OpenShift, Elasticsearch, Docker/Kubernetes, Microservices.
- Agile methodologies and new working methods.
- Support in learning and building your skills (attend conferences and trainings).
- Friendly, stress less, environment.
- Beautiful surroundings and quality infrastructure.
- Wide activities for improving the health and well-being.
- Generous retirement plan.
- Flexible work schedule.
Please contact Ms Bojana Tasic, head of unit Infrastructure and Development, if you have any questions: email@example.com
Application deadline: 29.08.2022
We expect your full application (CV, diplomas and motivation letter), ideally in a single pdf. Please submit your application only at: https://www.unil.ch/carrieres/emplois-> postes ouverts.