To strengthen our group IT development, we are looking for a
Senior Software Developer (80-100%)
Information on the position
Starting date: 01.07.2021 or negotiable
Workplace: Géopolis on the campus of the University of Lausanne
Salary: According to the University of Lausanne salary scheme.
For this position, we are seeking an experienced software engineer with demonstrated software architecture, web development and infrastructure knowledge to join a dynamic IT team.
More specifically, your tasks will include:
- Work on all phases of application development (conception, development, testing and bug fixing, deployment, maintenance).
- Write architecture and design documents as well as technical specifications.
- Research and be up to speed with the latest technology and trends.
- Perform peer reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Share domain and technical expertise with other developers and teams.
The ideal candidate
- Diploma or MSc in software engineering (university of applied sciences or equivalent).
- Minimum 5 years of web software development experience.
- Extensive experience in object-oriented design and development, with focus on web applications (Python preferred).
- Experience with REST framework.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in database design.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift.
- Experience with test driven development and continuous integration.
- Ability to lead technical discussions and to propose improvements to the team’s practices.
- Ability to capture business requirements and to translate them into specifications and designs.
- Ability to manage the different phases of software development projects.
- Additional experience in the following fields would be an asset: Agile methodologies (SCRUM), Flask, Typescript, HTML5, REST APIs, Microservices, S3, TDD/BDD, Data archiving.
- English (written and spoken), German and French are a plus
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Proactive, autonomous, and self-motivated.
- Team player: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information; sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching junior developers.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations.
We offer you a position in a well-established and dynamic environment.
More information on FORS Foundation under www.forscenter.ch.
- Latest tech stack – Angular2+, Typescript, Python, Flask, REST APIs, OpenShift, Elasticsearch, Docker/Kubernetes, Microservices.
- Agile methodologies and new working methods.
- Support in learning and building your skills (attend conferences and trainings).
- Friendly, stress less, environment.
- Beautiful surroundings and quality infrastructure.
- Wide activities for improving the health and well-being.
- Generous retirement plan.
- Flexible work schedule.
Please contact Mr Jon Murua, head of group IT development, if you have any questions: email@example.com
Application deadline: 21.05.2021
We expect your full application (CV, diplomas, certificates and motivation letter), ideally in a single pdf. Please submit your application only at: https://www.unil.ch/carrieres/emplois-> postes ouverts ou ici.