- Work on all phases of application development (conception, development, testing and bug fixing, deployment, maintenance).
- Consultancy, assistance, support and advice to end users.
- Write architecture and design documents as well as technical specifications.
- Perform peer reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Share domain and technical expertise with other developers and teams.
- Represent FORS in international projects and contribute to them.
- Diploma or MSc in software engineering (university of applied sciences or equivalent).
- Minimum 5 years of web software development experience.
- Extensive experience in object-oriented design and development, with focus on web applications.
- Proven experience in Python.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in database design.
- Ability to collect needs of users and to manage different phases of a software development.
- Ability to work with users and co-developers to understand and improve development practices.
- English and French or German, spoken and written.
Additional experience in following fields would be an asset: Agile methodologies, Django, Typescript, HTML5, REST APIs, Docker/Kubernetes, MySQL, TDD/BDD, Data archiving.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Proactive, autonomous, and self-motivated
- Working in team: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information; sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching junior developers.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations.
Start date:1st November 2018 or by agreement.
For more information you may also contact he head of group IT, Ms Bojana Tasic : Bojana.Tasic@fors.unil.ch
Please submit your application in English (CV including monthly details, copies of degrees, motivation letter) via the following platform.