Online workshop: Addressing the top 10 data management questions
When: 20 and 21 June, 9:00-13:00
Venue: Online, a zoom link will be provided upon registration
Audience: Support staff, librarians, research consultants, anyone involved in the provision of data management support
This workshop is provided by the data management support team at FORS, the Swiss Centre of Expertise in the Social Sciences. During two half-day sessions, 10 key data management questions will be addressed, namely:
- Why should I care about data management?
- What normative framework applies to the data?
- Is personal data being processed?
- Is consent mandatory?
- Where should the data be stored during the project?
- How much anonymization is enough?
- How much documentation is needed?
- How to select which data to archive and share?
- What are the advantages of sharing data through a data infrastructure?
- How can we improve data management support for researchers?
The format is meant to be interactive and will consist in both theoretical input, and practical applications. While we will present a theoretical framework and case studies, we will encourage participants to share their own experiences and bring up key questions/challenges that arise in their daily practice. As such, this workshop is meant to be an opportunity to exchange and learn from each other.