FORS Data Re-use Award 2023
Submission deadline: 01.10.2023
Are you currently working with social science data you got from FORS? Or are you planning to do so in the next few months? Then consider submitting your paper to the FORS Data Re-use Award 2023 and get the chance to win up to 1’000CHF. The FORS Data Re-use Award 2023 will be given to young researchers who carry out excellent research that is based on secondary data.
- The manuscript must be based on data accessed via SWISSUbase.
- The data were not produced by any of the authors.
- The manuscript is a full paper. It can still be a work in progress but is not yet published. The author(s) plan(s) to submit it to a peer-reviewed journal.
- Research teams can submit papers. The first author must be an early career researcher (doctoral student or postdoc).
- The dataset is properly cited.
- The manuscript is written in English.
- Innovative use of the data
- Quality of the research design
- Quality of the empirical analysis
- Quality of writing and presentation
- Career stage
- Composition of the research team
The deadline for submission is October 1, 2023
The award will be given in November 2023 and the winner will be invited to present the paper in the FORS Lunch Seminar.
Rita Schmutz (LIVES, University of Lausanne)
Inequality of Educational Opportunity in Switzerland: Exploring Regional Differences and Institutional Factors
The data can be found here: https://www.swissubase.ch/de/catalogue/studies/13413/18252/overview
Mengling Cheng (LIVES, University of Lausanne)
Evolution of the income-related gap in health with old age: Evidence from 20 countries in European and Chinese panel dataset
The data can be found here: https://www.unil.ch/share/de/home.html
Alessandro De Boni
Youth enfranchisement in Switzerland: an analysis from the Swiss Election Studies Selects (Master thesis)
The data can be found here: https://www.swissubase.ch/de/catalogue/studies/8862/18944/overview