Submission deadline: 01.10.2023
Are you currently working with social science data you got from FORS? Or are you planning to do so in the next few months? Then consider submitting your paper to the FORS Data Re-use Award 2023 and get the chance to win up to 1’000CHF. The FORS Data Re-use Award 2023 will be given to young researchers who carry out excellent research that is based on secondary data.
- The manuscript must be based on data accessed via SWISSUbase.
- The data were not produced by any of the authors.
- The manuscript is a full paper. It can still be a work in progress but is not yet published. The author(s) plan(s) to submit it to a peer-reviewed journal.
- Research teams can submit papers. The first author must be an early career researcher (doctoral student or postdoc).
- The dataset is properly cited.
- The manuscript is written in English.
- Innovative use of the data
- Quality of the research design
- Quality of the empirical analysis
- Quality of writing and presentation
- Career stage
- Composition of the research team
Rita Schmutz (LIVES, University of Lausanne)
Inequality of Educational Opportunity in Switzerland: Exploring Regional Differences and Institutional Factors
The data can be found here: https://www.swissubase.ch/de/catalogue/studies/13413/18252/overview
Mengling Cheng (LIVES, University of Lausanne)
The data can be found here: https://www.unil.ch/share/de/home.html
Alessandro De Boni
Youth enfranchisement in Switzerland: an analysis from the Swiss Election Studies Selects (Master thesis)
The data can be found here: https://www.swissubase.ch/de/catalogue/studies/8862/18944/overview