Are you an enthusiastic, talented and experienced software engineer, at ease with the latest web technologies and OOP? Are you willing to take a role in the design and implementation of the next generation of web applications and infrastructures used by different research communities? Then join FORS IT group and take part in one of the most incredible research infrastructure developments.
- Work on all phases of application development (conception, development, testing and bug fixing, deployment, maintenance).
- Consultancy, assistance, support and advice to end users.
- Write architecture and design documents as well as technical specifications.
- Perform peer reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Share domain and technical expertise with other developers and teams.
- Diploma or MSc in software engineering (university of applied sciences or equivalent).
- Minimum 5 years of web software development experience.
- Extensive experience in object-oriented design and development, with focus on web applications.
- Proven experience in OO programming languages (Python preferred).
- Demonstrated relevant experience in database design.
- Ability to collect needs of users and to manage different phases of a software development.
- Ability to work with users and co-developers to understand and improve development practices.
- English and French or German, spoken and written.
Additional experience in following fields would be an asset: Agile methodologies (SCRUM), Django, Typescript, HTML5, REST APIs, Microservices, Big data, Docker/Kubernetes, MySQL, TDD/BDD, Data archiving.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Proactive, autonomous, and self-motivated
- Working in team: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information; sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching junior developers.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations.
- Latest tech stack – Angular2+, Typescript, Python, REST APIs, Docker/Kubernetes, Microservices.
- Agile methodologies and new working methods.
- Support in learning and building your skills (attend conferences and trainings).
- Friendly, stress less, environment.
- Beautiful surroundings and quality infrastructure.
- Wide activities for improving the health and well-being.
- Generous retirement plan.
- Flexible work schedule.
Start date: By agreement.
For more information you may also contact: the head of group IT, Ms Bojana Tasic: Bojana.Tasic@fors.unil.ch
Please submit your application in English (CV including monthly details, copies of degrees,
motivation letter) to www.unil.ch/emplois –> postes administratifs or by clicking here. Only candidates who meet minimum requirements and submit all required documentation will be considered.