FORS is establishing a new research data linking center with various partners. Innovative new research with linked data is a rapidly growing field and the new center will contribute to shape the future research landscape in Switzerland. The center will bring together different partners from social sciences, as well as other disciplines working with personal data, within Switzerland in order to facilitate the use of linked data by the Swiss research community. For this new center we are looking for a junior or senior social scientist.
- Contribute to the establishment of the research data linking center
- Accumulate and distribute knowledge on data linkage (inventory of linkable data, procedures, tools, data protection, etc.)
- Promotion of services and information to the scientific community
- Research activities in the field of data linkage
- Hold a Master’s or Doctoral degree in social sciences or a related discipline with a quantitative orientation
- Be experienced in empirical research (quantitative data processing, statistical analysis)
- Have experience in working with data linkage
- Have a very good knowledge of statistical software packages (such as R, SPSS, Stata)
- Be able to communicate fluently in written and orally in one national language (German or French), as well as English, and have an excellent knowledge of the other national language
- Having a knowledge of the Swiss research landscape would be an advantage
- Experience in working in a project with different partners and with virtual teams
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Proactive, autonomous, and self-motivated
- Teamwork oriented: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships
- Learning and sharing knowledge: keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information; sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations
FORS is located in Lausanne (Géopolis, University of Lausanne). The salary is based on the pay scale of the University of Lausanne. Start date: 1st March 2019 or to be agreed upon.
For more information, you may contact the Director of FORS, Prof. Georg Lutz at email@example.com
Please submit your application online in English, German or French (CV including monthly details, copies of degrees, motivation letter) no later than January 15th, 2019 to the following address: www.unil.ch/emplois –> postes administratifs or by clicking here.
Only candidates submitting the complete list of documents as described above will be considered.