Information on the position
Starting date: 1 January 2021 or on request.
Working space: Géopolis at the University of Lausanne.
Salary: According to the University of Lausanne salary scheme.
The mission of the new unit is to establish, develop, and implement technical tools and services to facilitate research data management at large and to connect FORS tools and services to other similar solutions in Switzerland and abroad. As head of unit, you will be in charge of:
- defining the general strategy on the future role of FORS in this field, in collaboration with the FORS management and the FORS foundation board;
- leading the unit, defining and ensuring the carrying out of all activities of the unit, including all IT development and the moving forward of two of our key innovation projects www.swissubase.ch and www.linkhub.ch, as well as future initiatives and projects;
- developing and maintaining a network of key actors and institutions in academia in order to ensure collaboration and coordination of FORS’ activities with other service providers in Switzerland and abroad.
Who you are
- You are able to develop a vision and strategy for the unit and translate this into concrete activities.
- You have significant project management experience (including project acquisition and financial management) of complex networked projects, and you are able to structure processes to achieve set objectives.
- You have experience in leading a team as well as in change management, and you are able to motivate team members.
- You are familiar with key issues around open data, digitalization, and data infrastructures. You have experience with data infrastructure, data services, and data oriented science. You understand the conceptual and technical challenges in collecting, processing, and storing data.
- You have a clear understanding of research processes and practices and the needs of researchers in general. You have a profound knowledge of the Swiss research landscape and its key actors. Ideally you can bring in an existing network.
- You are able to use French, German, and English as a working language. You have strong writing skills and are able to structure and edit reports, presentations, and concept papers.
- You have a dynamic, innovative, open-minded, and flexible personality, with strong social and communication skills, and enjoy working in a complex environment. You are resistant to stress, can set priorities, and clearly structure processes in a way to reach objectives in time.
- You have either a background in IT or profound knowledge and experience of IT processes and developments.
We offer you a position in a well-established institution and a dynamic research environment (more information at www.forscenter.ch). You will have the opportunity to plan and develop projects and new services and the unit in an independent way. As member of the FORS management board you will also contribute actively to the overall management and to the future development of FORS.
Please contact Georg Lutz, director of FORS, if you have any questions: Georg.firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 078 689 18 54.
Application deadline 16.8.2020
Submit your full application (CV, diplomas, and motivation letter), ideally in a single pdf, at: https://www.unil.ch/carrieres/emplois -> postes ouverts.