A Swiss Survey Tool for the Academic Community in Social Sciences
Starting in 2018, a new survey tool will be implemented at FORS, offering the Swiss academic community in social sciences space to implement their questions in a future-oriented, high quality survey.
- Pure random samples based on register data (individuals, full coverage of the resident population in Switzerland living in private households, aged 18+)
- Yearly cross-sectional survey with at least 1 follow-up interview for the respondents
- Self-administered questionnaires (web/paper) following procedures of latest scientific knowledge to maximise representativeness and measurement quality through invitation by letter, 3 reminders, followed by a paper questionnaire in the 3rd reminder; follow-up interview(s) through the same mode for all respondents
- Targeted net sample size for the follow-up interviews: 1000 answers
- The collected data will all be publicly available through FORSbase and released within the year
- First survey: ISSP module of corresponding year (see http://www.issp.org/data-download/by-year/ for past and planned topics)
- Follow-up survey(s): content defined by a public call for question proposals
- Yearly call (in spring for data collection in the following year)
- Topics are open, however aiming at a coherent and pleasant questionnaire for the respondents and an analytical enrichment through the data of the first survey (ISSP) for the researcher
- Evaluation of the call will be done by the MOSAiCH scientific commission
The MOSAiCH scientific commission guarantees the strong interconnection of MOSAiCH with the Swiss research community and other authorities related to research in social sciences. The commission is mandated by the Foundation Board of FORS. According to its mandate, the duty of the commission is to guarantee the quality of the Swiss part of this research project and to strengthen the network of research in social sciences in Swiss universities and other concerned authorities.
- Prof. Abdeljalil Akkari (Université de Genève)
- Prof. Monica Budowski (Universität Freiburg)
- Prof. Axel Franzen (Universität Bern)
- Prof. Eva Green (Université de Lausanne)
- Prof. Spartaco Greppi (SUPSI, Lugano)
- Prof. Dominique Joye (FORS/Université de Lausanne)
- Prof. Georg Lutz (FORS/Université de Lausanne)
- Prof. Bart Meuleman (KU Leuven, Belgium)
- Prof. Thomas Volken (Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften)
Project Directors :
Dr. Michèle Ernst Stähli and Dr. Marlène Sapin (FORS, Lausanne)
Call for question contributions
Since 2012, FORS offers interested researchers through an open call the possibility to implement own questions or question modules in the Swiss part of MOSAiCH. Researchers in social sciences are thus given the opportunity to collect representative data on their own research projects completely free of charge.
MOSAiCH 2.0 extends this service by providing even more space to researchers for their own questions and by increasing the number of open calls. From 2018 on, the calls will be held annually and no longer every two years.
The MOSAiCH-ISSP call 2019 is out now!
All relevant information on the current call for question contributions can be found here:
Previous calls can be found here: