A Swiss Survey Tool for the Academic Community in Social Sciences
Starting in 2018, a new survey tool will be implemented at FORS, offering the Swiss academic community in social sciences space to implement their questions in a future-oriented, high quality survey (click here for Call 2018).
- Pure random samples based on register data (individuals, full coverage of the resident population in Switzerland living in private households, aged 18+)
- Yearly cross-sectional survey with at least 1 follow-up interview for the respondents
- Self-administered questionnaires (web/paper) following procedures of latest scientific knowledge to maximise representativeness and measurement quality through invitation by letter, 3 reminders, followed by a paper questionnaire in the 3rd reminder; follow-up interview(s) through the same mode for all respondents
- Targeted net sample size for the follow-up interviews: 1000 answers
- The collected data will all be publicly available through FORSbase and released within the year
- First survey: ISSP module of corresponding year (see http://www.issp.org/data-download/by-year/ for past and planned topics)
- Follow-up survey(s): content defined by a public call for question proposals
- Yearly call (in spring for data collection in the following year)
- Topics are open, however aiming at a coherent and pleasant questionnaire for the respondents and an analytical enrichment through the data of the first survey (ISSP) for the researchers
- Evaluation of the call will be done by a dedicated scientific commission
- The FORS Foundation Board will name a Scientific Commission for MOSAiCH 2.0
- This Scientific Commission will be formed by representatives of different Swiss universities and disciplines as well as by survey experts among the FORS staff
- The Scientific Commission will define the strategic orientations of MOSAiCH 2.0 and evaluate the proposals
- In collaboration with the proposing scholars, FORS will assure the methodological elaboration of the questions and the appropriate implementation in the three linguistic regions
Call for question contributions
Since 2012, FORS offers interested researchers through an open call the possibility to implement own questions or question modules in the Swiss part of MOSAiCH. Researchers in social sciences are thus given the opportunity to collect representative data on their own research projects completely free of charge.
MOSAiCH 2.0 extends this service by providing even more space to researchers for their own questions and by increasing the number of open calls. From 2018 on, the calls will be held annually and no longer every two years.
The Call for question contributions MOSAiCH/ ISSP 2018 is out now !
We invite scholars to propose questions for the follow-up survey administered after the ISSP 2018 survey centered on ‘Religion’. The deadline for submissions is Monday September 11th 2017.
You can find more information on the current call here:
Previous calls can be found here: