The theme of the 13th Conference “Social Monitoring and Reporting in Europe” is Inequalities, Fairness and Solidarity Across Generations – Measurement and Analysis.
The conference – organized by the European Social Reporting Network – aims to discuss how pronounced intergenerational inequalities of different kinds are in European societies, to which degrees benefits, risks and opportunities are fairly distributed across generations and to which extent the relations between generations are characterized by solidarity. We are thus inviting submissions addressing one or several of the following issues:
- Intergenerational distribution of income and wealth; intergenerational inequalities in material hardship or deprivation;
- Intergenerational inequalities in well-being, including inequalities in health, labour market opportunities, career and social mobility prospects;
- Intergenerational justice / fairness and solidarity – objective conditions and perceptions;
- Intergenerational private support networks;
-Intergenerational relations: reciprocity and conflict;
- Sustainability of pension and health systems.
Call for papers
We are inviting presentations looking at intergenerational relations from different angles and perspectives, including cross-sectional, longitudinal, national and cross-national analyses.
Comparative views across European societies as well as papers addressing issues of measurement and monitoring in the field of intergenerational relations will be particularly welcomed.
While the conference will be focussed mainly on issues of intergenerational inequality, fairness and solidarity, there will also sessions be arranged to discuss „recent developments in European social monitoring and reporting“. Contributions presenting initiatives and projects on social monitoring and reporting in Europe are thus very much welcome as well.
Please submit your abstract (no more than 300 words) to Dr. Heinz-Herbert Noll (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline for submissions is May 15, 2018.
The conference will take place at Villa Vigoni, Loveno di Mennagio (Italy) on October 15-17, 2018.