The European DDI User Conference (EDDI) 2017 is organized jointly by FORS – Swiss Centre of Expertise in the Social Sciences, GESIS – Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences and IDSC of IZA - International Data Service Center of the Institute for the Study of Labor.
The conference, hosted by FORS, will take place on December 5 and 6 and brings together DDI users and professionals from all over Europe and the world.
We are seeking presentations, talks, papers, posters on all things DDI:
- Case Studies
- Mature implementations
- Early Implementations
- Interplay of DDI with other standards or technologies
- Projects in early phases in which DDI is under consideration
- Critiques of DDI
The proposed topics of the conference are:
- User Needs, Efficient Infrastructures and Improved Quality.
- Official Statistics.
- Reusing and Sharing Metadata.
- Data Harmonization.
- Incentives to Document Data.
- Open Data and Linked Open Data.
- Privacy and Access Control.
- Metadata versus Data and Related Ethics.
- Software / Tools.
The DDI: (Data Documentation Initiative) initiative encourages comprehensive description of data for discovery and analysis and supports effective data sharing. More about the DDI initiative
Submit your proposal until September 4, 2017.